The authentic piano sound and key feel make it easy to play this simple model any way you like.
Included: PA150 power adapter, music rest, sustain pedal & stand
Authentic to the touch
Yamaha's GHS (Graded Hammer Standard) weighted action has heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, just like the hammers inside an acoustic piano. Great for the aspiring pianist, practicing on the GHS action builds the proper finger technique for when the time comes to perform on an acoustic piano. Plus the matte finish of the black keys are less slippery when playing for extended periods of time.
Tried and true, Yamaha's classic sound engine for realistic tone
AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) sampling uses digital technology to record the sound of an acoustic piano. AWM Stereo Sampling creates a deeper, richer and more spacious sound by using pairs of waveforms (L and R) captured with two microphones. The P-45 uses AWM to play one sample per key at varying levels of volume and timbre.
A compact and lightweight design makes it easy to get around
Slim and stylish form with a depth of less than 12 inches, the P-45 requires little space. At only 25 lbs. with a built-in sound system, it can be easily moved anywhere in your home or even used for performance outside.
Simple, single-button operation
Various P-45 settings can be changed with a single button. Hold down the "GRAND PIANO/FUNCTION" button and press the keyboard to change Voices, play demo sources, configure the metronome and more.
Conserve energy with convenient auto power off feature
Auto power off shuts down the instrument after a period of inactivity. You can customize how long it will wait before shutting down, or disable it if you prefer. To learn more about other ways that Yamaha conserves energy, visit our Corporate Social Responsibility page.
- GHS weighted action is heavier in the low keys and lighter in the high keys, just like an acoustic piano. The special matte black key tops are designed to absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use without becoming slippery.
- Advanced Wave Memory Stereo Sampling recreates natural instrument sound in stereo.
- 64-note polyphony allows the player to perform moderately dense piano passages, even using heavy sustain pedal, with few or no dropped notes being cut off.
- Dual Mode lets you combine two Voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience.
- The USB TO HOST port allows players to connect to and interact with a wide variety of educational, creative and entertaining musical applications on a computer or mobile device.
- Duo mode splits the keyboard into two halves, each with their own "middle C" for practicing with a partner
- Half-damper pedal control allows for continuously increasing amounts of sustain as the pedal is depressed.
- The Digital Piano 3-year, carry-in warranty protects you from defects or malfunctions not resulting from misuse. Simply return the product to your dealer, who will manage getting it repaired or replaced for you.